HANNAH CRAWFORD ELEMENTARY INFORMATION
Hannah Crawford Elementary is located @ 5444 Crestline Rd., Crestline, Ohio 44827.
Phone: (419)-562-5753 Fax: (419)-562-2983
Hannah Crawford Elementary currently houses 400 students from 3 year old preschool to grade 5 in two education wings. These students are served in 19 homerooms plus the 2 preschool sessions and also have 11 other professionals in specialist areas delivering services as well. The school day for students is 9:00 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. with bus pick-up beginning @ 3:50 p.m. The Colonel Crawford Local School District has been designated as "EXCELLENT WITH DISTINCTION" by the State Department of Education. Hannah Crawford Elementary met 6 of 7 indicators of the state department requirements for this past school year, (2011-2012). The community shares in this designation by partnering with staff to make Hannah Crawford a Great place for students to learn, fellowship and have some fun as well. We are proud of our "Little Eagles" and their accomplishments. We look forward to many future endeavors that are successful as well.
GOALS FOR 2012-13:
1) H.C.E.S. Staff to complete a book study entitled: "Checking for Understanding" by Douglas Fisher & Nancy Frey. This book examines formative assessment techniques for the classroom.
2) H.C.E.S. Staff to complete quarterly guidelines in all curricular areas by grade level that align with Common Core and State Standards and post on the school web site by the end of 2012-2013.
3) H.C.E.S. Staff will continue to utilize the following to monitor student progress and then provide intervention for student improvement: STAR Reading and Math, MathFacts in a Flash, Study Island, Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills, Developmental Reading Assessments, and Project M.O.R.E.
RuthAnn Noblet, Principal H.C.E.S.
(click on links or images below)
HomeConnect-K-5 parents can login to HomeConnect to monitor student's progress on Accelerated Reading, Math Facts in a Flash, and Accelerated Math. Additionally students can practice Math Facts in a Flash from home and pick out books for Accelerated Reading.
- Study Island- 3-5 Students can login to Study Island to practice and complete assignments from home.
- Homework Help - This page is designed for parents and students to use as a resource for assistance in academics. Contents include: quarterly benchmarks, grade-level expectations, and a list of age-appropriate websites to extend and support content mastery.